Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Linden Deactivated

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Linden Deactivated
So the Eagles are off to a bad start in their first post-season appearance. Nomura has deactivated Todd Linden for Stage 1 for criticizing the manager. Linden had some big hits down the stretch, so it seems like an overreaction on Nomura's part.
Comments
Re: Linden Deactivated
[ Author: Guest | Posted: Oct 15, 2009 7:31 AM ]

What did Linden say? Did he say something in the media or directly to Nomura?
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 15, 2009 10:36 AM ]

From what I've read, the story is something like Nomura gave him a day off instead of using Linden as a starter. All Linden said was "Thanks," but Nomura interpreted it as sarcastic and the rest is history. Considering Nomura's communication skills, it's ironic that he's suspending someone for being sarcastic, but he's the boss.

I now have even more mixed feelings about Rakuten's first post-season appearance. I like the team members and want to root for them, but it's also hard for me to support a team run by that miserable old fart.

Anyway, Nomura led them there, so THANKS!
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 15, 2009 11:41 AM ]

Speaking of Nomura, was that a true story about him not giving Tanaka his watch? I read another story that he had promised to give Tanaka a watch if he got 15 wins. Nomura said that Tanaka pitched so poorly in his 15th win that he didn't deserve the watch. I wasn't sure if he really broke his promise or was just joking about it.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Oct 19, 2009 3:29 PM | HAN Fan ]

Linden got caught up with a more normally dissatisfied Nomura than usual. Remember, the guy who has built a successful team and taken them to the Climax Series has been told that he no longer has a job. On a level of stupidity it ranks up there with the sacking of Valentine, but maybe at a higher level because Nomura was successful. Idiocy is not only present in the Marines front office.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 20, 2009 2:24 PM ]

Will Linden be back for Stage 2? I thought I read before that he would still be suspended for the first game, but don't recall for sure. They did fine without him in Stage 1, but now they have a longer series and I imagine his bat would be useful.
[ Author: Christopher | Posted: Oct 21, 2009 9:24 AM | HAN Fan ]

Linden has now apologised again and is back in the team for Stage Two.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 21, 2009 12:51 PM ]

I'll be rooting for Linden to get a big home run tonight. Like many people, I'm hopping on the Eagles bandwagon. I can't stand Nomura, but I'm sick of the Fighters, Dragons, and of course Giants, so I'd love to see the Eagles go all the way. With Darvish out, they have a chance. It's too bad the silly Stage 2 rules already have them down one game, so it's vital to get a good start tonight.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.