Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Around the NPB Horn: Buffaloes want to cut Rhodes' salary by up to 50%

Discussion in the NPB News forum
Around the NPB Horn: Buffaloes want to cut Rhodes' salary by up to 50%
On 2009-10-6 Gen wrote:
...The Buffaloes may want Tuffy Rhodes back next year, but they also want him back with a big pay cut.

[Full Article: http://yakyubaka.com/2009/10/06/around-the-npb-horn-buffaloes-want-to-cut-rhodes-salary-by-up-to-50/]
Comments
Re: Around the NPB Horn: Buffaloes want to cut Rhodes' salary by up to 50%
[ Author: DaClyde1 | Posted: Oct 10, 2009 8:37 AM | OBs Fan ]

Wow, I bet the management is going to try to cite age as the reason he got injured and missed two months of this season and point to his "meager 22 home runs" despite the fact that he had a monster season for the games he played.
[ Author: gotigersredsox | Posted: Oct 12, 2009 5:06 PM ]

Any response from Tuffy yet? Despite being on that awful team, he's a player I've always enjoyed watching. It would be a shame if he gets forced out this way. Despite his long injury, he still put up better numbers than most players on the team. Of course they are concerned about his age, but his injury this year was caused by being hit by a pitch and has nothing to do with how old he is.
[ Author: DaClyde1 | Posted: Oct 16, 2009 12:42 PM | OBs Fan ]

I know that, and every fan who follows NPB knows that. And the front office knows that, of course. But Japanese baseball team management never seems to follow any sort of logic when making their decisions.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.