Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Computer Simulated Japanese Baseball League

Discussion in the Links forum
Computer Simulated Japanese Baseball League
Hello, I just stumbled upon this forum today, and plan to spend a lot of time of the next few weeks reading lot of old topics.

I wanted to chime in with a link to a Japanese Baseball League that I commish. The league is run based off of a popular baseball simulation game, OOTP (Out of the Park) version 5. We created a league with the 12 Japanese Baseball teams at the time. Fictional players were created by the game for a large dispersal draft to stock all the teams. A few gaikokujin are added to the Free Agent pool each season, and each season we also have a 7 round draft to stock our minor leagues.

We are currently in the 2010 season of the "JBL." You will notice there are now 16 teams. Due to the popularity of the league, we decided to expand to 16 teams, and split into 2 division per league. Not very authentic, but it allows more gamers to get in on it, and more competition for the playoffs, which keeps owners interested. The expansion cities and names that we came up with (along with logos) are Kobe Surpass, Saitama Searex, Sapporo Snow Salmon, and Takeda Demons.

If you are interested in seeing what we did here is the site [ootp-leagues.com].
Comments
Re: Computer Simulated Japanese Baseball League
[ Author: Guest: link | Posted: Jan 3, 2004 8:46 AM ]

I echo Cuse's sentiments.
Re: Computer Simulated Japanese Baseball League
[ Author: soxxxx | Posted: May 3, 2007 2:07 AM ]

OOTP (Out Of The Park) is now featuring version 2007 and greatly enhanced. For all gamers that enjoy baseball sims, check it out at OOPT Developments. With OOTP2007 you can do virtually everything that a real life GM can do, i.e. contract extensions, sign free agents, rule 5 draft, set up historical or fictional leagues, and there is a Japanese database available going back to 1937 featuring real players.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.