Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

Uniform Database?

Discussion in the Ask the Commish forum
Uniform Database?
I was wondering if there's any official or unofficial baseball uniform site that has pictures of the teams' uniforms throughout the years (along the lines of MLB's Dressed to the Nines).

If there isn't, it sounds like a good project.
Comments
Re: Uniform Database?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: May 28, 2007 3:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

As a matter of fact, there is. Head over to Tsunashima's Pro Yakyu Research page and click on the "Uniform Story" link on the left frame. You can then go through a list of old uniforms used throughout the history of Japanese baseball.

While the site is primarily in Japanese, Tsunashima-san did a good job of including Romaji (Roman alphabet used in English) in most if not all of his pages.

Hope this helps.
Re: Uniform Database?
[ Author: mijow | Posted: May 28, 2007 5:35 PM | HT Fan ]

Yes, for the complete set of uniforms for every team I recommend his book, "The History of Uniform." Again, the text is in Japanese, but the book features drawings of all the uniforms from the beginning of Pro Yakyu, including all the old teams, such as the Hanshin Jaguars and Chubu Nippon Greens from the now defunct National League.
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.