Adjust Font Size: A A       Guest settings   Register

What Team Should I Watch?

Discussion in the Open Talk forum
What Team Should I Watch?
I am new to Japanese baseball and I am having a hard time deciding what to call my favorite or call my own. When it comes to MLB I am a huge A's fan. I personally prefer a DH because watching a pitcher bat is just sad to me. Any ideas on how to help me find a team to call my own?

Thank You!
Comments
Re: What Team Should I Watch?
[ Author: westbaystars | Posted: Jun 27, 2009 8:28 PM | YBS Fan ]

This is really starting to become a Frequently Asked Question. Please read over the following threads and respond to the suggestions and questions as appropriate:There are more, but these are what I could find with "favorite" in the title.

Anyway, the suggestions there will guide you to tell us more of what we would need to know in order to help you better.
[ Author: MattHaggard | Posted: Jun 28, 2009 7:33 AM | CHU Fan ]

You know, I'm new to the game too.

I adopted the Dragons. We are currently third in the league after all the pundits picked 'em to finish at the bottom of the standings.

In addition, japaneseball.com only has about 5 Dragon fans.

So I humbly suggest that you join our little revolution here!

=P
[ Author: Guest: N26 | Posted: Jun 29, 2009 8:49 AM ]

I like Yokohama BayStars in the CL and Chiba Lotte Marines in the PL.

I do not recommend people to support Yokohama because it is depressing. Having lots of Yokohama pride and love I really like Yokohama, the city, Kannai, Yamashita Park, Motomachi, Hamasuta [Yokohama S(u)tadium], the team, etc.; but there comes a time where apathy takes over and you start to block out the team.
[ Author: Guest: JC | Posted: Jun 29, 2009 11:25 PM ]

I find this a bit out how this keeps coming up. Wouldn't you just watch the league for a while and then root for the team you end up liking rather than being told who to root for?
[ Author: Guest: Ai | Posted: Jul 7, 2009 12:14 PM ]

Where do you live? Supporting the local team is never a bad idea. ^_~ Living in Tokyo, I get to choose between two teams, and I picked the Swallows because they're not the team that throws money around.

Actually, I fell in love with the Swallows because they were the first team I watched, even though both games were losing ones. Besides, Aoki plays for the Swallows. If he moves, I might.
[ Author: Guest: bigrob | Posted: Jul 21, 2009 1:52 AM ]

I'm a Tigers fan cause I love their fan support and they seem to be a contender every year despite this year's play. They can make a very exciting streak and have the whole Hyogo prefecture behind them, even if they are out of post-season contention. Go go Tigers!
About

This is a site about Pro Yakyu (Japanese Baseball), not about who the next player to go over to MLB is. It's a community of Pro Yakyu fans who have come together to share their knowledge and opinions with the world. It's a place to follow teams and individuals playing baseball in Japan (and Asia), and to learn about Japanese (and Asian) culture through baseball.

It is my sincere hope that once you learn a bit about what we're about here that you will join the community of contributors.

Michael Westbay
(aka westbaystars)
Founder

Search for Pro Yakyu news and information
Copyright (c) 1995-2024 JapaneseBaseball.com.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
Some rights reserved.